GoSDC para Acorn BBC model B, BBC Master y Electron

ron
Agradecimiento recibido: 1408 veces

GoSDC para Acorn BBC model B, BBC Master y Electron

Mensajepor ron » 12 Jul 2012 22:32

Heredero del GoMMC de John Kortink, este dispositivo para los Acorn BBC aparte de ser más barato hace muchas más cosas.

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/J.Kortink/home/hardware/gosdc/what.htm

Imagen

GoSDC allows you to store all your software on a single SDHC, SD or MMC flash card. Move all your floppies, harddiscs and tapes to the flash card, give them names, and use them just like before (via the same filing systems).

Everything is right there. At your fingertips. Simply select the floppy, harddisc or tape by name, and then use it.
Up to 16 GB of total storage (depending on the capacity of the flash card). More space than you'll ever be able to use.

Transfers roughly 100 KB per second. I.e. games and the like literally load in a flash (only half a flash, really).

Works as a completely transparent 'backend' of a variety of standard filing systems. Choose your favourite one.

Completely silent (no moving parts !). No more worries about the age related failure of your drives and media.

Batch capable tools for your PC (Windows, Linux, Mac OS) will get your media on and off the flash card in a jiffy.

GoSDC simply plugs into a free ROM socket in the machine. See 'Snapshots' below !

Compatibility

GoSDC is compatible with:

BBC model Bs running OS 1.20. With or without disc interface, Econet interface and/or Second Processors.
BBC Masters running MOS 3.20 or 3.50. With or without Econet interface and/or Second Processors.

Other machines, and machines with other expansions, may or may not be compatible (ask me for advice).

Note that running GoSDC on an Electron requires a special 'GoSDC to Electron' interface, available at extra cost.

GoSDC is 'portable' between BBC model B, BBC Master and Electron, should you have more than one of them.

More details, and more technical information, can be found in the actual GoSDC documentation. It may be quite helpful to read. You can download it (along with the software) on the 'Software updates' page.

GoSDC costs 60 Euro. This includes a small flash card, to give you a quick start. A 'GoSDC to Electron' interface costs 15 Euro.

In particular, you must choose between the 'MBE' and 'UNI' versions of GoSDC. The MBE version is the standard GoSDC, and supports BBC model B, BBC Master and Electron only. The UNI version supports additional machines and hardware (e.g. BBC B+), but has lower write performance (100 KB/sec, versus 150 KB/sec for MBE).

DyLucke
Agradecimiento recibido: 103 veces

Re: GoSDC para Acorn BBC model B, BBC Master y Electron

Mensajepor DyLucke » 13 Jul 2012 11:42

Estupendo. Ahora ya podrás cacharrear a gusto, malandrín. :P

Quizá sea el momento de hacerse con un Electron tirado de precio.
"I'm playing games.
You've nowhere to run,
I'm a piece of the sun,
i'm an army of one...
I'm the man with the gun".

jojo073

Mensajepor jojo073 » 13 Jul 2012 11:55

si tuviera pasta caía... me gustaría llevar a exponer el acorn electron con algún software....
Queda pendiente...
Aunque visto desde las posibilidades me gustaría mucho mas el de QL, jajaja

Nodoyuna
Agradecimiento recibido: 19 veces

Mensajepor Nodoyuna » 13 Jul 2012 12:19

Opino lo mismo que Dylucke, habrá que irse buscando algún Electron por ahi... :)

Mae mía, como me gustan todos los cacharritos estos moernos para máquinas viejunas :D

ron
Agradecimiento recibido: 1408 veces

Mensajepor ron » 13 Jul 2012 12:27

Hay que tener un Acorn si o si, da igual que sea un BBC Micro que un Electron, es uno de los pilares en muchas cosas y son máquinas que tienen mucho que ofrecer.

Nodoyuna
Agradecimiento recibido: 19 veces

Mensajepor Nodoyuna » 13 Jul 2012 12:30

Pues gracias al cacharrito este, me parece que el parque de los Acorn se va a ampliar en uno más (el mio) :)
¿Alguna sugerencia sobre cual es el mejor modelo?

Volver a “BBC Micro & Electron”